Call us for all your locksmith needs! - Company Message
Common Locksmith and Security Terms and Definitions
Access Control - This refers to any barrier or device, that limits or prohibits free or unlimited access to unauthorized users.
Blank - A key before any cuts have been made.
Cabinet Lock - A relatively small type of lock designed to be used on drawers, cabinets, pieces of furniture, or thin doors.
Cam Lock - A lock that has an attached cam that serves as the lock's bolt. Cam locks are often used on cabinets, file cabinets and drawers.
 Change Key - The key that operates one lock in a master keyed system.
Code - A series of numbers or digits on a key or lock that specifies or references the particular cuts of the key to operate a lock.
Combination Lock - A lock which is operated by local input of a specific series or sequence of numbers or letters is a combination lock.
Control Key - A key used to remove the core from an interchangeable core cylinder.
 Deadbolt - A Deadbolt is a lock with a bolt, which requires a deliberate action to extend, and which resists end pressure in the unlocking direction when fully extended.
Door Frame - An assembly of members surrounding and supporting a door or doors, and perhaps also one or more transom lights and/or sidelights.
 Door Knob - A doorknob is a popular type of used for opening and closing a door. In its simplest form, a doorknob provides only a place to grab so that the door may be pulled toward oneself. On most modern doors, however, doorknobs can be turned to operate a latching mechanism, which normally holds the door closed. A doorknob may also have a lock built in, though in some cases it is beneficial for the lock to be separate.
Electronic Lock - A lock which is controlled electrically and can be used with Access Control.
Emergency Service - Services provided 24/7 365 days emergency service for your home, vehicle and business incase anything happens. A company that can change locks, open doors anything.
File Cabinet Lock - Any lock used on a file cabinet, a plunger lock cylinder for a gang lock normally used in a file cabinet.
Garage - a rim lock mechanism designed for use on an overhead door, which mechanism has a spring loaded bolt which automatically locks the door's bolt mechanism.
Gate - A gate is a moveable or stationary barrier to prevent access.
Key Control - Any method or procedure which limits unauthorized acquisition of a key and/or controls distribution of authorized keys.
Latch - A mechanical device which automatically keeps a door closed until a deliberate action is used to retract it.
Lock - Any device which prevents access or use by requiring special knowledge or equipment.
Lockout - When someone is not able to gain access into a home, vehicle or business. - A person with the knowledge and ability to select, install, service and bypass all the components of an electrical or mechanical lock.
Master - Any keying arrangement which has two or more levels of keying. Allowing one person entrance everywhere while restricting others.
Padlock - A detachable and portable lock with a shackle which locks into its case. Could be either in Key or Combination form.
Rekey - To change the existing combination of a cylinder or lock. This means you will have a new key and your older key will no longer work.
Safe - A substantial, secure container with varying degrees of security and/or fire resistance, used to store valuables against fire or theft. This can be secured with either a key or combination locking mechanism.
Website Builder provided by  Vistaprint